Wednesday, August 2

Early Review: Fireblood (Frostblood #2)

Fireblood (Frostblood #2)
Elly Blake

Published By: Hodder and Stroughton
Publication Date: September 7, 2017
Date Read: July 27, 2017
Genre: YA - Fantasy
Source: ARC from Hodder Publishing
Format: Paperback
Pages: 408
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33784283-fireblood

From Goodreads:
Against all odds, Ruby has defeated the villainous Frost King and melted his throne of ice. But the bloodthirsty Minax that was trapped inside is now haunting her kingdom and everyone she loves. The answers to its demise may lie to the south in Sudesia, the land of the Firebloods, and a country that holds the secrets to Ruby's powers and past....

Despite warnings from her beloved Arcus, Ruby accompanies a roguish Fireblood named Kai to Sudesia, where she must master her control of fire in a series of trials to gain the trust of the suspicious Fireblood queen. Only then can she hope to access the knowledge that could defeat the rampaging Minax - which grows closer every moment. But as sparks fly in her moments alone with Kai, how can Ruby decide whom to trust? The fate of both kingdoms is now in her hands.

"Lady Ruby, you already have. You've melted my icy heart."

Fireblood was one of my most anticipated reads of 2017 and there are no words to explain just how excited I was to receive an ARC of it from the wonderful people at Hodder Publising. I am still so beyond excited that I have read this absolutely phenomenal book. Frostblood, the first book in this amazing series, was one of the next debuts and starts to a fantasy series I have ever read and I had such high expectations for the follow up. When I have such high expectations for a second book in a series I am usually disappointed as I usually find second books in trilogies to be a stepping stone just leading to the next book. Fireblood is absolutely the opposite of this. I was totally blown away and I would go as far as to say this is one of the best books I have read this year to date.

Elly Blake is one of the most talented fantasy writers I have come across. Right from the start of the book I was just completely sucked into the story and the characters and I just couldn't stop reading. I loved every single second of this book and it was just utterly stunning. She made me fall in love with the characters I already loved and made me love the newer characters too. I'll be honest and say I was a little bit nervous about this book as the blurb sounds very love-triangle eske but I needn't have worried. If you are worried about this I urge you to just read the book. It's not how you expect it to play out.

Ruby is such an amazing lead protagonist. I love her and she goes through quite an emotional journey in this one. I loved experiencing it all with her, from her discovering another fireblood, called Kai, to her confusing feelings to her sorting through everything. I loved experiencing every step of it with her and although I am 100% on Team Arcus, I love Kai. He is a sweet guy who just wants to best for everyone.

Fireblood was utter perfection. It has flirtation, romance and action. I loved the journey through this book. There are so many twists and turns and some of them I never saw coming. I was so shocked at parts and I am still in awe of this amazing book. I highly recommend that everyone read this amazing series. I absolutely cannot wait for the final book of this series. It needs to be in my hands like... yesterday. I loved every moment of it.

"You're my home."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment