Sunday, June 17

Review: My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers #2)

My Soul To Save (Soul Screamers #2)
Rachel Vincent

Published By: MiraINK
Publication Date: February 1, 2011
Date Finished: June 17, 2012
Genre: YA - Paranormal Romance
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 362
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9678708-my-soul-to-save
From Goodreads:
When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies.

So when teen pop star Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn’t wail, she knows something is dead wrong. She can’t cry for someone who has no soul.

The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad’s ironclad curfew and putting her too-hot-to-be-real boyfriend’s loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls: a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld—a consequence they can’t possibly understand.

Kaylee can’t let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk...

The Soul Screamers series is fast becoming a favourite series of mine. I haven't read a series about Banshees or Reapers before so this is a very original concept for me and I am really loving this series.

Kaylee can't believe she's dating Nash. The gorgeous guy that any girl would want, But he chose her. While on one of their dates to a concert when the singer dies on stage and it doesn't affect Kaylee at all they know something is wrong. What they don't count on is the dangerous journey that follows to help save someone's soul. But will they be able to help save their soul without risking their own?

I really enjoyed this book. It's fast-paced and I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen. Rachel Vincent is an author that can completely suck you in from the start of the book and have you wanting to read the whole book in one sitting. In each book I have read by Rachel I have just wanted to sit all day and read because I couldn't stop reading and I desperately needed to know what was going to happen. Rachel is definitely becoming one of my favourite authors. As a fan of her adult Unbound series I was unsure how much I would enjoy her young-adult series. I love it. It's amazing. It's just as brilliant, both written and plot-wise as her adult series. If you are a fan of her other adult series I would definitely suggest this YA series as well.

Kaylee is such a fantastic character (and not just because she has an awesome name). She is strong-willed and would put her own life at risk if it means she can help someone else. She is so selfless and I really like that about her. There is not a lot of characters in YA fiction that will put themselves in danger to save others lives but Kaylee will do just that. She is so strong and even when she is afraid and in over her head she won't show it because she wants to do what is best and what it right.

Now I am so torn between the two amazing boys in this series. Nash is amazing. He is sweet and I am totally in love with him. He is the guy that every girl will wish was real because he is amazing, supportive and protective. I love him. BUT then there's Tod, the smart-ass Reaper, and Nash's brother. He has Nash's charm, add to that his smart-ass comments I love him. A lot of Tod's comments reminded me a lot of Daemon in Jennifer L Armentrout's Lux series and I think everyone knows how much a fan of Daemon I am. Truth is I love both of these guys for different reasons and right now I am all for Kaylee choosing both of them.

As much as I loved this book I personally liked the first one better. The story of this one was fantastic and I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen but I adored the first book, with the mystery of Kaylee finding out what she was. Nevertheless this is an amazing series and I can't wait to find out what's going to happen in the series.



1 comments:

  1. I haven't read a series about a Banshee before either! This looks interesting. I'll have to remember to order the first installment and check it.

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment