Wednesday, June 13

Review: My Soul to Lose (Soul Screamers #0.5)

My Soul to Lose (Soul Screamers #0.5)
Rachel Vincent

Publication Date: April 1, 2012
Date Finished: June 13, 2012
Source: Bought
Format: E-Book

Photobucket
From Goodreads:
It was supposed to be a fun day, shopping at the mall with her best friend. Then the panic attack started and Kaylee Cavanaugh finds herself screaming, unable to stop. Her secret fears are exposed and it's the worst day of her life.

Until she wakes up in the psychiatric unit.

She tries to convince everyone she's fine--despite the shadows she sees forming around another patient and the urge to scream which comes burbling up again and again. Everyone thinks she's crazy. Everyone except Lydia, that is. Another patient with some special abilities....

"An eBook exclusive prequel to Rachel Vincent's SOUL SCREAMERS series."
After having this series for a long time I finally decided to pick it up and start it. I did read the first book in this series, My Soul to Take, last year but never got around to reading the others so decided to start it again from the prequel.

Kaylee is having a normal day shopping at the Mall with her best friend Emma. But then she feels the dreaded feeling that causes her to scream uncontrollably. Waking up in a mental hospital, Kaylee knows that she is not crazy. But can she convince them and get out of the mental hospital before the need to scream comes again?

I was actually really surprised how much I loved this prequel. This is without a doubt one of the best short prequels I've ever read. I was instantly drawn into the storyline of this series and couldn't put it down as I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen.

I instantly sympathised with Kaylee. I really felt for her. I can't imagine knowing you are not mentall ill but still being kept in a mental hospital with everybody convinced you are crazy. I really felt for her and I just felt sad for her all the way through the prequel and really didn't want to stop reading until everything was straighted out.

This is a fantastic prequel to what's looking up to be a fantastic series. I can't wait to re-read My Soul to Take and to read the rest of this series.

Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment