Friday, June 1

Deadlocked (Sookie #12)

Deadlocked (Sookie #12)
Charlaine Harris

Publication Date: May 1, 2012
Finish Date: May 27, 2012
Format: Paperback
Photobucket
From Goodreads: With Felipe de Castro, the Vampire King of Louisiana (and Arkansas and Nevada), in town, it’s the worst possible time for a body to show up in Eric Northman’s front yard—especially the body of a woman whose blood he just drank.
Now, it’s up to Sookie and Bill, the official Area Five investigator, to solve the murder. Sookie thinks that, at least this time, the dead girl’s fate has nothing to do with her. But she is wrong. She has an enemy, one far more devious than she would ever suspect, who’s out to make Sookie’s world come crashing down.

Every time I pick up a Sookie book I have this feeling like coming home, the writing style and the characters are so familiar and even though this book was not so good as the earlier books I still enjoyed it. I wanted to keep reading and therefore I think this book still deserves those 4 stars.

If you have bveen reading some more Sookie books the overal story won't come as a surprise. At the beginning of the book a murder takes place and the rest of the book is spent trying to solve it and ofcourse lots of other things happen in between, pieces of a larger storyline and also pieces that later on connect to the murder but at first look irrelevant. At the end of the book, the murder is solved. Well this book was not any different in that regard, but it still managed to surprise me. I didn't figure out who caused the murder, until Sookie did. And I was surprised by many of the twist in this book. And the ending, I so didn't see that coming! I actually want to read book 13 now, because I want to now where the author is going with this new development.

The characters, I've read some reviews already and many persons mention that Eric and Sookie seem out of character in this book. Well to me Sookie seems her usual self, but Eric definitely acts strange. The romance in this book really was badly done, almost nothing happened and they didn't even talk about it. Only at the end some issues where finally resolved. Most of the times I really enjoyed the romance in the Sookie books, but this book was not really enjoyable on that point.

I also have to say that the pace seemed to be a bit slower than in other books. There was much of Sookie's normal life, but strangely I still enjoy reading about that, so I didn't really mind. And even though the slow pace I wanted to keep reading, just because I love reading about Sookie.

To conclude this books has some minpoints, but overall I just really liked this book. It has that familiar Sookie feel and I just wanted to keep reading. I am kinda sad that the next book will be the last, but I am also very curious to how it will all end.
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment