Friday, June 1

Dark Succession (True Mates #2)

Dark Succession (True Mates #2)
Teresa D'Amario

Publication Date: April 20, 2010
Finish Date: May 22, 2012
Format: e-book

Photobucket

From Goodreads: Nora Hunt is the daughter of former pack leader Sean Hunt and niece to Kieran Hunt. Emotionally and physically scarred after being held captive for weeks, she's finally ready to move on with her life. But when she meets Ryland, she discovers not only a world of darkness and pain, but discovers Ryland may not be any better than those who held her captive all those weeks.

When Ryland Keegan steps in as Alpha of his dead brother's pack, he inherits a pack of savage rogue wolven, as well as a legacy of violence, lies and five women held captive within the pack's confines.

But when Ryland's pack members start dying one at a time, he must decide if Nora is the catalyst or the killer. Can he trust his True Mate? Or will he be relegated to a life of leading the dregs of Wolven society?
I liked book 1 of this series and book 2 is just as good. This book focusses on Nora, the girl that Anna saved at the end of book 1. At first I wasn't sure whta tot think of the fact that this book wa sabout different characters, but I ended up really enjoyeing it. We get to see the POV from two very different characters than book 2. Also the story and romance is very different, while still having a bit of the same feel to it.

Again I liked the depth given to the story, there is enough going on and the focus is not only on the romance (although ofcourse the romance plays a big part). Also there is some mystery about murders taking place and who can be behind it, I kept quessing, but in the end was still surprised. This story is also a whole lot longer than book 1 and I really liked the fact that it was longer.

I didn't knew what to think of the fact that this book has a different POV than the first book, but I ended up also really liking these characters. I only would've liked if we would've seen more from the characters of book 1, so that we could also see how these characters relate to them. And I have another small minpoint, the fact that there is not enough action/play in wolf form. I love werewolf book partially because seeing the animal side. This book definitely brings enough wolfish behavior into the wolven their normal lives, but still I would've liked seeing them a bit more in wolf form.

I really liked the characters of this book, in the beginning I had to get used to Nora a bit. She is a bit too scared at the beginning, but in the book we really see her grow and get to know her strength. I also liked the love interest and the twist that connects them both to book 1. Although again I would've liked to see a bit more of the link with book 1. And as last I have a comment that I also made about book 1, we really learn much about the lead characters, but the other characters stay more on the background. There is still so much more story to be told about the other characters and I think there really are some interesting characters out there.

To conclude: a very good book. It has a nice combination of romance and story and two very interesting characters. I would've preferred to see more connection with the first book and the side characters got a little too less attention. I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it to everyone who liked a good werewolf or romance story, because this book has both!

Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good book. I enjoyed your review. Once in a while, I like it when new characters take off in books in series. Sharon Ashwood does that in her Dark Forgotten novels, and it gives each book a different twist. Judith

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment